PADI Nitrox Course
- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Location: Exmouth, WA
- Product code: NitroxCourse
How annoying is it when the conditions are perfect but you have to ascend because your no-decompression time has run out? Or your second dive has to be really short because of residual nitrogen in your body? There is a solution...use Enriched Air Nitrox!
Diving with Enriched Air Nitrox is diving with higher percentages of oxygen than normal compressed air. By introducing more oxygen into your breathing gas, your nitrogen levels are reduced so your allowable bottom time increases, i.e. diving with enriched air means more time underwater. It's a safe way of getting more out of your diving.
There are many misconceptions regarding Nitrox. Many think it's a gas for deep technical divers only, where in fact, Nitrox is extremely beneficial for the recreational diver, particularly diving between 15 and 40 meters. And if you're doing more than one dive a day, the benefit on subsequent dives is enormous.
So, if you're into underwater photography or wreck diving, on vacation in some tropical paradise and want to do as many dives as possible or simply out for a leisurely day of diving at your local site, our Enriched Air Nitrox course helps you get more out of your diving by safely giving you more time underwater.
Using air on an 18 metre dive gives you 56 minutes of bottom time. If you dived using Enriched Air 32% NITROX you can extend your time to 95 minutes and with 36% you can extend your time to 125 minutes * Based no decompression limits
The Nitrox course consists of:
- 1 Brief session Academics.
- 2 dives. (1Day Off our Boat)
What you will learn
- How to safely increase your no stop time
- Plan enriched air dives using dive computers
- How to analyse cylinder gas contents
- Enriched air scuba diving equipment considerations
- Enriched air considerations, including managing oxygen exposure and how to set your dive computer
The course includes:-
- PADI Five Star Certification.
- The Enriched Air Nitrox Computer Pass.
- Two tanks of enriched air Nitrox appropriate to the dive site.
- All Enriched Air Nitrox fills and certification costs covered by us - no hidden extras!!!
- Personal instruction in small groups.
- All transport to and from the shop and dive sites provided.
- Be 15 years of age.
- Be a certified Open Water Diver or higher (Advanced Open Water recommended).
- Have at least 20 dives logged.
- Pass A Medical Questionairre (contact the store)
- Be ready to go down for longer!!!!